Thursday, April 15, 2010

2nd Annual Abbey's Walk

In March of 2009, we lost our loved one Abbey, to a drug addiction. The loss has been disheartening. Since our loss, it has become our goal to prevent other friends and families from suffering a similar loss. We have put together a walk to raise funds to be donated to Tazwood. The money raised is then used to update resources, to use in helping people, in our community to overcome addictions.

This year, you may choose to walk in memory of someone, or in support of someone dealing with addiction.

2 comments:

  1. I want a Xl shirt, and if you could send me the application, so I can pay and rsvp it. and what is on the window decal??? and thanx soooo much for posting pics, Ive saved all my pics of her on a flash drive i carry with, so I i c any pics of her I dont have I can save it, thanks again, she was so beautiful, always smiling and laughn. Im gunna bring Otis this year if thats ok, u can e-mail me at Nick_Patterson_2184@hotmail.com. You are doing a really good job Tara, she would b happy. Its nice to c her evev though they just pics. Im still so damn emotional i hate it. but I gotta go, Thanks again for everythang, Im glad I googled Abbey and went to all the sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She always new how to make you smile, and you would hardly see her without one, she was a bright star, that shined even brighter. Anyone who got to know her is lucky to meet such a nice and caring person. I only knew her for a short, 4 years, but I am so glad I met her. Drug addiction is a disease, a strong one, that never goes away, and you constantly battle with it, over time it does get easier, but you gotta make it to that time which is the hard part. It just goes to show you, you never know how long you will have. Some advice never go to bed mad at your spouse or b.f/g.f, cause they might not wake up. I would have never thought I would know someone that close, who I lost to drug addiction. She was a fighter! Love you Abbey, hope its everything you dreamed heaven would be.

    ReplyDelete