Thursday, September 17, 2009

1st Annual Abbey Christensen Memorial Walk

The 1st annual, Abbey Christensen Memorial Walk will be held on Saturday, September 19th.
9:00 a.m. at the Mineral Springs Park Lagoon in Pekin, IL.
Proceeds from the walk will be donated to Tazwood Drug Abuse Assistance.

The walk will start with a yellow balloon launch and end with a drawing for prizes.

This year's logo is "One Bright Smiling Spirit"
(My sister always had a bright smile on her face and was full of spirit)

Hope to see you there!
Check back for pictures and the results of the walk.

Thanks for your support!
Tara

2 comments:

  1. As we gather to celebrate the short life of Abbey, it is hard to not look at what should have been ... 09/22/1988 was her birthday ... we will not be able to celebrate birthdays, accomplishments the special things that we all look forward to. But we do CELEBRATE the life that she shared with us. I think of so much that we are thankful for ... let's share those special memories and remember that silly giggle ... and what brought out the best of her and ourselves. LOVE YOU ABBEY, And MISS YOU BUNCHES !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey was a wonderful person, who cared bout others more than herself. She saved my life, and I tried to do the same. I was blessed to get to know and fall in love with her. She was the best thing n my life, I would have done anythang for my Lil Angel. Atleast now she is not in pain, and having a better time than any of us down here, I hope. I heard she had wings, and likes to fly crazy. My b-day was 2 days b4 hers so we would always celebrate together. I miss her so much, it still seems like it just happened. I just wanna c her smile, and her beautiful eyes. I LOVE U ABBEY,and miss u more and more, its sinking in finally that I wont ever c u again, and that makes me sad, and cry. Love you always babe,you tombstone looked soo pretty for easter. and I usuallly use wipes to wipe off bird poo. But it was gorgeous u would of loved it abbey.

    ReplyDelete